Product Name: Testover C
Active substance: Testosterone Cypionate
Testostover C is an ester of testosterone. Testosterone is the primary androgenic hormone synthesized and released by the testes. It is responsible for the growth and development of male sex organs and secondary sexual characteristics in (aging prostate, seminal vesicles, penis and scrotum), male hair distribution (face, groin, chest) develop laryngeal muscle and body fat distribution. Remember nitrogen, sodium, potassium and phosphorus, increase anabolism and decrease protein catabolism. Premature increase in serum testosterone in prepubertal epiphyseal closure and causes stunting. And erythropoietin stimulates red blood cell production. The feedback mechanism inhibits pituitary luteinizing hormone and follicle and causes suppression of spermatogenesis.
In women inhibit pituitary function, ovarian function, mammary glands, endometrial atrophy. Due to the antagonistic action of estrogen is used in the treatment of uterine myoma, endometriosis, breast cancer. Exhibit beneficial action during climacteric.
Testover C is absorbed slowly. Peak plasma concentrations are achieved over 72 hours after intramuscular administration. Duration of action - 2-4 weeks. About 98% of testosterone in the blood coupled with a specific globulin fraction, which binds testosterone and oestradiol. Biotransformation is the liver to 17-ketosteroizi various which, after conjugation with glucuronic acid or sulfuric acid are eliminated by urine (about 90%). Approximately 6% of the preparation is eliminated with feces absorbed free form.
The men - hormone replacement therapy in disorders caused by testosterone deficiency:
• retention of sexual maturation;
• eunucoidismul, undeveloped genitals;
• impotence hormonal origin;
• symptoms of male climax (decreased libido and physical and intellectual activity);
• postcastrational syndrome (androgenic deficit after castrating);
• osteoporosis caused by androgenic insufficiency.
• hiperestrogenemie, functional bleeding;
• uterine myoma;
• the menopause (in combination with estrogen);
• breast cancer;
Individual hypersensitivity to the drug, prostate or breast carcinoma, prostate hyperplasia symptoms of micturition disorder, nephrosis or the nephrotic phase of nephritis, edema, hypercalcemia, liver function disorders, diabetes, heart failure or coronary, myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis in elderly men, pregnancy, lactation. In case of adverse reactions necessary for androgen-dependent discontinued preparation. After the disappearance of side effects of treatment resumed in smaller doses.
Patients with latent or overt cardiac failure, impaired renal function, hypertension, epilepsy or migraine (or a history of the presence of these states) will be under constant supervision because androgens in some cases can cause sodium and water retention. The treatment duration will monitor liver functions. In breast cancer patients, hypernephroma, lung cancer metastases in bone will control the level of calcium in blood and urine. Androgens in prepubertal adolescents will be used with caution to avoid premature cessation of growth and puberty.
• Priapism and other symptoms of sexual hyperstimulation (frequent erection);
• prepubertal age adolescents - accelerate sexual development, increased frequency of erections, increased sexual organ size, premature closure of the epiphyseal
• impaired spermatogenesis and sperm maturation disorder, oligospermia and reduced volume of ejaculate;
• abnormalities of the prostate;
• women - bleeding from the genital tracts, increased libido, the prolonged administration of virilization symptoms are possible;
• hirsutism, gynecomastia;
• seborrhea, acne, oily skin, hair loss;
• sodium and water retention, edema;
• Symptoms of hypercalcemia;
• Nausea, cholestatic jaundice, increased liver transaminase levels (normalized to discontinuation);
• headache, depression, aggression, anxiety, sleep disorders, numbness.
Are possible pain, itching and redness at the injection site.
Deep intramuscular injection. The dose is determined individually, depending on the disease, gender, age, clinical efficacy. Usually administered intramuscularly to adults 50-200 mg once within 2-4 weeks. Do not exceed recommended dose of 400 mg per month. Duration of treatment is determined individually. In hypogonadal men that eunucoidismul recommended dosages are 50-400 mg every 2-4 weeks. In case of detention of sexual maturation is administered by 50-200 mg every 2-4 weeks for 4-6 months. Inoperable breast cancer in women by 200-400 mg every 2-4 weeks. The drug is administered intravenously not! In acute overdose toxicity is rather low testosterone. In chronic overdose is possible to develop priapism. In this case it is necessary discontinued preparation and after symptoms - by resuming treatment in smaller doses.
Increase the effectiveness of anticoagulants and antidiabetic (dose adjustment is required), inhibits cyclosporine elimination. Hepatic enzyme inducers (barbiturates, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenylbutazone and phenytoin) reduce testosterone.
Store in a dry place protected from light, at a temperature of 15-25 ° C. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.